Saturday, May 5, 2012

major wardrobe overhaul in progress


Caught up with lovely friends on Friday and got to talking about that saying "you only wear 15% of your wardrobe". One of the lovelies had spent an afternoon clearing out her wardrobe under the critical yet guiding eyes of 2 friends. Several massive bagloads to the charity bin later and she was now raving about how liberating it felt to be so organised. She was loving her favourite wardrobe surviours with renewed vigour and shopping adventures would have focus now she knew what she really needed and what truely suited. This exercise has to be the perfect example of less being MORE.....so i've started my own clear out as the picture shows. I'm about half way through and will also add an extra element. I am being ruthless in my culling but there will be 2 piles for me - those destined for the charity shop and those destined for Trademe resale. I've had some success selling and buying clothes on trademe (NZ's ebay equivalent). So if you too feel so inclined to do your own wardrobe overhaul and wish to follow me into Trademe retail land too then send me the link to your listings and I'll promote your listings to fellow squanderers too (just click on "comment" below and post in box).  Its going to take a while for me to clean, photograph and list these items but I hope to have most of them up by Monday. Will keep you posted and I hope to hear from some of you too....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

woohoo! Awesome. I went hsopping to replenish a few items today. Very exciting but very damaging so it will be on to trade me listing very soon! I still think we hsould consider the third pile which is the clothes club instead of book club!! xxx

Suburban Princess said...

good plan, have a friend who does the whole clothes swap drinkie session with her mates and it rocks apparently, especially good for accessories and stuff you don't use anymore but deserving new home...will suss out further. Its going to be about clearing out space and leaving only the best and most fabulous!